Friday, March 18, 2011

Guinness Ice Cream Float

You got me, I lied. Yesterday I said the only way I was acknowledging St. Patrick's Day was by baking Irish Soda Bread. But then last night I had the bright idea to make a Guinness ice cream float. And that kind of inspiration just can't be ignored. 

There's no recipe needed for this. Just take your ice cream (I used chocolate) and scoop it in to your glass. Drizzle with a fair amount of chocolate syrup (because Guinness is pretty bitter). Then open up a cold one and pour it over. Now dive in.

Warning: If you don't like Guinness, you won't like this. If you do like Guinness, you'll wonder why you never thought to make one of these before.


chocolate ice cream
chocolate syrup added
pouring in the Guinness
just look at that beautiful foam

If you're hung over from too much celebrating last night, try one of these to cure what ails you (a little hair of the dog).
A

No comments:

Post a Comment