Sunday, March 13, 2011

Salmon Salad

Whenever I bring this salmon salad somewhere, I get asked for the recipe. Always a good sign. As a matter of fact, unless someone has seconds of something or asks me for the recipe, I'm not convinced they like it, no matter what they say. This skepticism comes from witnessing some of the most gushing praise for some of the worst food I've ever eaten. It makes me realize that people just want to be polite and don't know what else to say. If you ask me, I think you should just say thanks (because it was nice of someone to cook for you, even if you didn't care for the food). But for the love of Ray J., don't rave about how delicious something is if you don't like it (it just encourages them to keep making whatever it is). Anyway, I really do believe people like this recipe (which isn't hard with all that cream cheese).


SALMON SALAD
Yield: 6 servings

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (7 oz.) can salmon (skinless/boneless), drained
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, or to taste (optional)


Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.  Season to taste. Serve with bread or crackers.
cream cheese and salmon
lemon
mixed salmon salad
I don't know how something can be both
liquid and smoke, but somehow it works

 A

3 comments:

Elizabeth (Foodie, Formerly Fat) said...

You're killing me here... would you believe I have my salmon salad recipe scheduled to post on Friday?! I'm starting to wonder if we were separated at birth.

Our recipes are sufficiently different however since mine is more like tuna salad than the creamy spread that yours is.

I can say from personal experience with Susan's salmon salad that it is so good I've actually bordered on embarrassed at how much I've eaten when she's served it.

Susan said...

I believe it (it really is uncanny sometimes)!

This is actually my special occasion salmon salad (when we make sandwiches at home, I just add mayo).

Susan said...

I can't argue with that! Salmon Schmear it is.

Ray J. is a reality dating show star on VH1 (his show is called "For the Love of Ray J." I've never actually watched it, but I've seen commercials for it. (Obviously I was trying to be funny, the operative word being trying.)

Post a Comment