Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cherpumple (video)

photo from charlesphoenix.com
I'm taking my first ever vacation from the blog. No, I won't be snorkeling in the Caribbean, but I will be spending a little quality time with some friends at the Jersey shore. Unlike the tv show, there won't be any tawdry hookups or drunken brawls. At best there might be three 6-year-old girls whining over who gets to play with Surf's-Up Barbie (who can blame them, her purple one-piece magically tranforms into a pink bikini in the water).

While I'm away, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite food videos of all time. This is the cherpumple. For those of you unfamiliar with the cherpumple, it's a three layer cake with pies baked inside each layer (basically the turducken of the dessert world).

I'll break it down for you:
-top layer = cherry pie baked inside white cake
-middle layer = pumpkin pie baked inside yellow cake
-bottom layer = apple pie baked inside spice cake
-frosted with whipped cream cheese frosting

At least that's how the cherpumple's creator, Charles Phoenix, makes it in the video below (now that I look at the photo, the order seems different). No matter, you get the idea. I've never actually made a cherpumple (I've had dreams though).


ENJOY!
(I'll be back with more recipes once I've gotten all the sand out of my shoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment