Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Corn Pudding

With all the intense cooking going on around the holidays, it's great to have some fast and easy side dish recipes at the ready. This one is a crowd pleaser - it's rich and creamy with just the right amount of sweetness. And it reheats well, so feel free to make it ahead. I found this recipe on food.com (I like to browse sites where I can read reviews). Although I'm not planning to take DJBiker up on his or her suggestion to "...eliminate the corn and add sausage and some chunks of Velveeta..." Call me crazy, but I like CORN in my corn pudding.


CORN PUDDING
Makes 8 servings

1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 large eggs
2 cups heavy cream
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
6 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen) or 6 cups canned white shoepeg corn, drained


1.        Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
2.        Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
3.        Whisk together eggs, cream, and butter.
4.        Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn.
5.        Bake for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand for 5 minutes.

from food.com by ratherbeswimmin’
adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
adding the corn (I used white shoepeg)
mixing in the corn
I only had an 8" x 8" baking dish free, so I poured
most of it in there and the rest in a smaller little tin.
But it's better to use a 9" x 13" if you've got one handy.
baked

(You can see the little tin in the background.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment