Monday, April 15, 2013

Spicy Maple Mayonnaise (on Chicken & Waffle Sandwiches)

I came across a recipe for chicken & waffle sandwiches that looked fantastic. Only I didn't have time to make the fried chicken from scratch and I had some fancy waffle mix burning a whole in my kitchen cabinet, so I cheated and took shortcuts. I used Bell & Evans chicken tenders and the aforementioned waffle mix and proceeded to follow the rest of the original recipe. The only part I made from scratch was this spicy maple mayonnaise, which I recommend trying. It was scrumptious and I'm sure it taste great on all kinds of sandwiches.
 
SPICY MAPLE MAYONNAISE
Yield: 1 ¼ cups

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon horseradish
dash or two of hot sauce (such as tabasco)


Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Can be made 1-2 days ahead.

barely adapted from foodnetwork.com by Julie Ohnstad, Atlanta, GA
all the ingredients
spicy maple mayonnaise


CHICKEN & WAFFLE SANDWICHES FOR CHEATERS & SHORTCUT TAKERS
Yield: 4 servings

8 waffles, kept warm
12 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked until crispy and drained
12 Bell & Evans breaded chicken breast tenders, cooked according to package directions
8 slices sharp cheddar
Spicy Maple Mayonnaise (recipe above)

1.      Preheat broiler.
2.      Lay 4 waffle halves on a sheetpan. Top each with 3 chicken tenders, 3 slices bacon and 2 slices cheddar.
3.      Broil the sandwiches just until the cheese melts (careful, it doesn’t take long).
4.      Spread about 3 tablespoons spicy maple mayonnaise on the top waffle and place on the sandwich.
waffles
chicken tenders
bacon
cheddar
melted
spicy maple mayonnaise on waffle
chicken & waffle sandwich
.

No comments:

Post a Comment